Over 4 million Australians are members of credit unions and mutual building societies. We meet the same regulatory standards as banks and are prudent and strong financial service providers.
The difference between credit unions and the banks is our guarantee to serve our Members first. We have worked closely with COBA, the governing body of Australian credit unions and building societies, to develop the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
What is the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice?
The Code is an important public statement of the value we place on improving the financial wellbeing of our members and the education community. It reinforces our commitment to:
- The benefits of mutuality
- Community involvement
- Fairer fees
- Customer or member, service
Our 10 Key Promises to you
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you.
- We will focus on our members.
- We will give you clear information about our products and services.
- We will be responsible lenders.
- We will deliver high customer service and standards.
- We will deal fairly with any complaints.
- We will recognise member rights as owners.
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations.
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community.
- We will support and promote this Code of Practice.
You can download the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice below.
|Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice|
Note: these documents are provided in .pdf format and require version, 4.0 (or later) of Adobe Reader. You can download Adobe Reader by clicking on the "Get Adobe Reader" button below.