Over 4.5 million Australians are members of credit unions and mutual building societies. We meet the same regulatory standards as banks and are prudent and strong financial service providers.
The difference between credit unions and the banks is that we offer our Members an equal ownership stake along with all other Members and our guarantee to serve our Members first. We have worked closely with COBA, the governing body of Australian credit unions and building societies, to develop the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
What is the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice?
The Code is an important public statement of the value we place on improving the financial wellbeing of our individual members and their communities. It reinforces our commitment to:
- The benefits of mutuality
- Community involvement
- Fairer fees
- Customer or member, service
Our 7 Key Promises to you
- We will deliver banking services in the interest of our customers
- We will obey the law
- We will not mislead or deceive
- We will act honestly and fairly
- We will offer products and services that are fit for general purpose
- We will deliver services with reasonable care and skill.
- We will contribute to our community
You can download the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice below.
|Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
Note: these documents are provided in .pdf format and require version, 4.0 (or later) of Adobe Reader. You can download Adobe Reader by clicking on the "Get Adobe Reader" button below.