Switch your accounts to the Credit Union
Switch your account to us!
At Macquarie Credit Union, we've made it so easy to switch your accounts. Just follow our 3 simple steps below.
1. Set up your Macquarie Credit Union accounts
We have a selection of accounts designed to offer the flexibility you need to create a simple budgeting solution to help you shop, pay bills and save. You can open as many accounts as you want and, with no hidden fees and great rates, you’ll find just what you need.
2. Transfer your regular debits and credits
We can act on your behalf to transfer your regular payments such as direct debits (gym memberships or utility bills) and direct credits (salary or dividends) to your Macquarie Credit Union account from another bank or financial institution.
All you have to do is:
- Complete an authority form and we will contact your old bank for a list of your regular payments.
- We send you the regular payment list so you can decide which direct debits or credits you would like to move across. You provide authority that you’re happy for us to contact the relevant organisations to update your bank details; and we do the rest.
- Each organisation should notify you when your banking details have been updated. This may take up to 3 weeks.
To cancel a regular payment, please provide the Credit Union the details for each payment and we’ll do the rest.
Return the forms to us by scanning your completed and signed forms and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PO Box 1618, Dubbo NSW 2830.
3. Close your old account
Consider closing your accounts with your old bank or financial institution to avoid being charged any fees. We can help you do this too. Complete the Authority to close account.
Don’t forget that the regular payments list does not include periodical payments (e.g. transfers to savings accounts), BPAY® or recurring payments where you have supplied your debit or credit card number.
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518