Check out these credit card management tips.
- Ask yourself am I using this credit card for convenience or necessity?
- Pay off your card balances each month
- Look for competitive credit card interest rates
- Keep a record of any telephone or Internet credit card transactions and keep receipts until the statement comes in
- Be aware of your credit limit, consider a personal loan if you are carrying a balance regularly
- Be tempted to sign up for a card purely on the basis of the loyalty or rewards scheme
- Use your credit card if your balance is looking a bit overweight
- Be tempted to increase your credit limit and thus continue to build greater debts
- Make too many cash withdrawals from a credit card as charges may be higher for these direct transactions