Notice of 55th Annual General Meeting
Macquarie Credit Union will be closed on Monday 7 October due to the Labor Day Public Holiday.
The branch will re-open on Tuesday 8 October at 9:30am.
We wish all Members and their families a happy and safe long weekend.
Macquarie Credit Union
Changes have been made to our Term Deposit, Savings Account and Transaction Account interest rates.
These will be effective as of Monday 23rd September 2019. Please refer to our Interest rates schedule for further details.
We would like to remind our members how to proactively benefit from our Member Loyalty Program and avoid fees and charges by choosing our FEE FREE options instead!
- Tip 1: Use your VISA card to pay for goods and services. Specify that you wish to pay by VISA, press ‘CR’ and enter your PIN or use Paywave.
- Tip 2: Pay bills by BPAY® or by telephone using your VISA card.
- Tip 3: Pay your regular payments by direct debit.
- Tip 4: Use Internet banking to set up and amend periodical payments, check balances and transfer funds.
- Tip 5: Use our Telephone banking service to access your balances, conduct transactions, transfer funds and BPAY® your bills.
- Tip 6: Choose ATM’s provided by major Australian Banks. ANZ, NAB, CBA and Westpac are fee free ATM’s, when operating within the Member Loyalty program transaction limits.
- Tip 7: If you’re withdrawing cash at an ATM, think ahead and draw out enough for future needs.
- Tip 8: When purchasing goods by EFTPOS, ask for extra cash at the same time – it will only count as one transaction.
- Tip 9: Avoid paying dishonour fees or transfer fees, by making sure you have sufficient cleared funds in your account before writing a cheque or a direct debit is due.
- Tip 10: Increase your value tier within the Member Loyalty Program. Investigate our other savings accounts and loans – you’ll find them extremely competitive.
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Q. What Fees and Charges are changing from September 1, 2019?
A. Our value tiers are changing. Please refer to the table below for new tiers to determine how many fee free transactions you can use.
Q. Will I still have fee free transactions?
A. As in the past, you have a number of free transactions. However, once you use more than your new fee free allocation per month, you will be charged for the number of excess transactions. The excess transaction charges are;
Example: If you have $10,000 in savings and a $10,000 car loan your total value would be $20,000. This would entitle you to a total of 12 free transactions (of any combination of the above types), before an excess transaction fee would be charged.
Q. Will I be charged a fee for depositing?
A. No, all deposits will remain fee free.
Q. I use Bank@Post, how will this affect me?
A. As of September 1 2019, you will be entitled to 2 free Bank@Post withdrawals per month. Bank@Post is no longer a part of the Member Loyalty Program and will not affect your free transactions within the Member Loyalty Program. All Bank@Post deposits will continue to be free. After the first 2 free withdrawals, all excess Bank@Post withdrawals will be charged at $3.50 each.
Q. I am under 18 years of age, how will the changes affect me.
A. As of September 1, 2019, all transactions covered under the member loyalty program, for members under the age of 18, will be fee free.
For more information, please refer to the following Macquarie Credit Union Disclosure Statements; Schedule of Fees and Charges, the Account and Access Facility Conditions of Use and the Summary of Accounts and Access Facilities.
Page 1 of 2